1) The Buyer agrees to provide this dog with a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming, responsible care, proper socialization and training. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite (internal and external) free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a high quality food, given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing and supervision. The Seller has taken care to microchip this puppy, in order to facilitate his/her return, if lost or stolen. The Seller advises that it’s a good idea to keep the new puppy separate from other dogs, in and out of the house. Buyer agrees to take every precaution when taking the puppy into public places, until the final puppy shot is given and the veterinarian has given it a clean bill of health. 2) The Seller guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and de-worming will be provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of his choice, within 72 hours, for a physical examination. If puppy vaccinations are given more often than every 3 wks, the Seller's portion of this warranty becomes null and void. It is recommended that the rabies vaccination be given a full 4 weeks from any other vaccination and by itself.
3) The Seller must be informed immediately if any health issues are found during the vet examination. If the Buyer does not comply, any future warranty, regarding the health issue found, will not be covered by this contract.
4) If the examination indicates that, at the time of sale, such animal was unfit for purchase due to illness, disease, or congenital disorder, you may return the puppy to us for an exchange of equivalent value. Proof from the vet must be presented to the Seller. The Seller reserves the right to take the puppy/dog to vet of choice for 2nd opinion.
5) The Seller guarantees the puppy against fatal viruses for 72 hours. These include Distemper, Parvo, and Adenovirus. NOT COVERED are Coccidia, Giardia and Kennel Cough. Coccidia and Giardia are commonly found in puppies and may or may not cause symptoms. Stress of a new home and surroundings can cause a stress-related outbreak. This should be considered a reasonable expectation and is the Buyer's financial responsibilty. Kennel Cough is self limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Full recovery is expected and Kennel Cough, on its own, is not life threatening.
6) This puppy is guaranteed until 24 months of age against the following fatal and severely life altering, congenital and genetic diseases: a) Hip Dysplasia - must be diagnosed by OFA and a copy of the report sent to Seller b) Elbow Dysplasia - must be diagnosed by OFA and a copy of the report sent to Seller
c) Luxating Patellas - must be severe enough to require surgery and a vet report stating so be sent to the Seller d) All other conditions will be covered at Seller's discretion
and will depend on sufficient evidence of genetic nature.
Only genetic conditions that alter the dog's life to the
point of requiring surgery or long-term treatment will be
considered for coverage. There must be suffient testing
to support diagnosis and all reports send to Seller.
Conditions of the heart must be diagnosed by a certified
Cardiologist; conditions of the eye must be diagnosed by
a certified Opthalmologist, etc. The only acceptable
diagnosis will be from a veterinary specialist for that
specific part of the body or body system. e) Sudden unexplained death - necropsy to be performed at Buyer's expense and report sent to Seller - In order for any report to be accepted, it must be printed on business letterhead, coinciding with particular medical facility and be signed and dated by the associated Dr. - If the dog dies within this 24 month time frame, Buyer will pay to have a necropsy done to ascertain/confirm cause. If reason is genetic or congenital, The Seller will replace the puppy. A copy of the report must be sent to Seller. If the Buyer chooses to provide surgery and/or treatment for the original puppy, the Seller may agree to pay, directly to the veterinarian only, a sum up to but not exceeding, the warranty amount on page 1 of this contract. Vet bills are to be submitted to the Seller for review. Only charges pertaining specifically to the treatment of determined genetic condition may be covered. This warranty does not cover reimbursement of tests. Only treatments will be covered and will be at the discretion of the Seller. If the Buyer chooses to euthanize the puppy/dog, for any of the above listed genetic issues, before the age of 24 months, no refund will be given but a replacement puppy will be offered. Buyer will not be required to return the original purchased dog. This warranty does NOT cover improper bites, teeth needing pulled, hernias, hypoglycemia, bacterial infections, internal and external parasites, reactions to vaccines, allergies or ear infections, ingestion of foreign objects, chemical or food intolerance, nor does it cover any physical injury.
7) In the event the Buyer wishes to use this warranty, a dated letter from the vet, signed by the vet and written on letterhead, must be sent to the Seller stating that this puppy/dog was not kept overweight, was never physically injured or poisoned and had regular check-ups to date.
8) The Seller must be notified of any problem within two (2) business days of the licensed veterinarian’s determination and have matching reports from two (2) different veterinarians stating the same problem and The Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. Buyer is responsible for the transportation cost of the replacement puppy.
9) If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog and cannot find a suitable new home, the Seller is to be notified and given first option resuming full ownership of dog in order for the Seller to locate this dog a new home. No refunds will be given. The dog will be returned with all registration papers (if applicable) and medical records. Should any circumstances arise that affect the quality of life of this dog, the breeder/seller is to be informed so that they may participate in determining the future of the dog. The Breeder/ Seller reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of this animal to a third party. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
10) Buyer understands, at the time of sale, that this puppy is being sold for the purpose of a companion dog. This dog has already been altered so that it cannot reproduce. Buyer acknowleges that he/she was previously informed of the procedure. Although it is structurally and temperamentally suited as a companion dog, Buyer understands that the final outcome depends highly on proper training and the environment in which it is raised. Buyer understands that adult sizes are an estimate only, based on Seller's experience. No guarantees are made in relation to size, coat type or amount of shedding.
11) The Seller will not be responsible for any veterinarian fees or costs outside of those outlined in this contract. Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means trips to the veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments.
12) The Seller is not responsible for any behavioral issues, including biting. Seller expects Buyer to responsibly train, socialize, supervise, and protect this puppy/dog so behavioral issues and/or dog bites, will not occur.
13) In the event of any litigation, in connection with this contract, all attorney fees will be paid by the losing party. Buyer accepts that he/she cannot sue for any amount exceeding the original purchase price of the puppy, as stated on page 1 of this contract. All legal appointments, requiring the presence of the Seller, will take place in the county/state of the Seller's residence. This contract is valid only for original purchaser and puppy. It is not transferable.
By signing my name below, I understand that this contract is a legal binding document. I acknowledge that I am the Buyer. I have read, fully understand and agree with all of the contents of this contract.
Signature of Buyer:________________________________